St. Peters in St. Charles County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Home of Bank of St. Peters
Moved to this location in 1912.
Erected 1985 by St. Peters Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce.
Location. 38° 48.157′ N, 90° 37.675′ W. Marker is in St. Peters, Missouri, in St. Charles County. Marker is on Main Street (State Highway C) east of North Gatty Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4 Main St, Saint Peters MO 63376, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Kunderer Saloon Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The Iffrig Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); An 1856 Two-Story House (about 400 feet away); A Young Carpenter's Wedding Gift 1872 (about 400 feet away); Early Education in St. PetersSaint Peters American Legion (about 800 feet away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Residence of Frank Taubeler (1856-1929) (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Peters.
Regarding Home of Bank of St. Peters. Date (when bank was chartered) may be incorrect on the marker, since St. Peters wasn't incorporated as a town until 1910, although records show Europeans lived in the area in 1791.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 12, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 12, 2020, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois. This page has been viewed 47 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 12, 2020, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois.