Murphys in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The Heinsdorff Bakery
Monument Erected by
Native Sons of the Golden West
Chispa Parlor 139 Incorporated
Dedicated March 18th, 1995 by
Fred Codoni, Grand President
Erected 1995 by Native Sons of the Golden West, Chispa Parlor 139.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable BuildingsNative Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1862.
Location. 38° 8.274′ N, 120° 27.99′ W. Marker is in Murphys, California, in Calaveras County. Marker is on Main Street near Algiers Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 466A Main Street, Murphys CA 95247, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Independent Order of Odd Fellows Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); E Clampus Vitus (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of E.C.V. Saloon (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Compere Store (about 300 feet away); William Gordon Huff (about 300 feet away); Maj. James D. Savage (about 300 feet away); John Murphy (about 300 feet away); a different marker also named E Clampus Vitus (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Murphys.
More about this marker. The marker is on the south side of the building, accessible in the immediately adjacent courtyard.
Regarding The Heinsdorff Bakery. The building is currently an antiques store.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 10, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 1,116 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 10, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. 3. submitted on July 13, 2010. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.