Near Hugo in Choctaw County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1950 by Oklahoma Historical Society and State Highway Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Education. In addition, it is included in the Oklahoma Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1848.
Location. 33° 58.803′ N, 95° 33.411′ W. Marker is near Hugo, Oklahoma, in Choctaw County. Marker is on North 4200 Road west of Old Spring Road, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1216 N 4200 Rd, Hugo OK 74743, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dedicated to Vietnam Veterans (approx. 3˝ miles away); Site of Fulton's Trading Post Spencer Academy (approx. 11˝ miles away); Camp Maxey (approx. 13.8 miles away in Texas).
Also see . . . Wikipedia article on the Goodland Academy and Mission. (Submitted on November 18, 2020, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 18, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 18, 2020, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 106 times since then and 18 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on November 18, 2020, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?