West Reading in Berks County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of Old West Reading Hotel
1819 - 1964
A landmark used for public sales and auctions of livestock. A hostelry of prominence in the Borough for 145 years.
Land once owned by John and William Penn.
Erected by West Reading Board of Trade.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Animals • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 40° 20.151′ N, 75° 56.934′ W. Marker is in West Reading, Pennsylvania, in Berks County. Marker is on Penn Avenue (Business U.S. 422) 0.1 miles west of North 5th Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 534 Penn Ave, Reading PA 19611, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 1969 (approx. ¼ mile away); 1941 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Wyomissing Polytechnic Institute (approx. 0.3 miles away); Welcome To The Knitting Mills (approx. 0.3 miles away); 1932 (approx. 0.3 miles away); 1924 (approx. 0.4 miles away); 1906 (approx. 0.4 miles away); 2016 (approx. 0.4 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on November 30, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 29, 2020, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 26 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 29, 2020, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.