Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Salem in Essex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
 

Captain William Driver

1803-1886

 
 
Captain William Driver Marker image. Click for full size.
By TeamOHE, July 3, 2018
1. Captain William Driver Marker
Inscription.  
Captain William Driver
1803 — 1886
In 1831 he named our Flag
Old Glory
A Gift to the City by the
Patriotic School Children of Salem
1968

 
Erected 1968 by Patriotic School Children of Salem.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Military.
 
Location. 42° 31.269′ N, 70° 53.928′ W. Marker is in Salem, Massachusetts, in Essex County. Marker is at the intersection of Summer Street and Essex Street, on the left when traveling north on Summer Street. Located in Captain William Driver Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 309 Essex Street, Salem, Massachusetts, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. McIntire Historic District (here, next to this marker); The McIntire District (a few steps from this marker); Alexander Graham Bell (within shouting distance of this marker); The Witch Gaol (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Town House (approx. 0.2 miles away); The First Meeting House Erected in Salem
Captain William Driver Marker image. Click for full size.
By TeamOHE, July 3, 2018
2. Captain William Driver Marker
(approx. 0.2 miles away); Lyceum Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Armed Resistance (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Salem.
 
Also see . . .  Old Glory (Wikipedia). (Submitted on December 3, 2020, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
 
Captain William Driver Marker image. Click for full size.
By TeamOHE, July 3, 2018
3. Captain William Driver Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on December 3, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 29, 2020, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 31 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 29, 2020, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement
Feb. 25, 2021