Rocksprings in Edwards County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Baptist Church of Rocksprings
The church continued to thrive through the Depression and war years. By 1932 a Mexican American mission sponsored by the Baptists became a full Sunday School; in 1936 the membership of the Baptist church was 157 and in 1949 it was 207. The congregation was active in support of Baptist organizations. Modern brick facilities were dedicated on this site in 1966.
In missionary service, community outreach, and devotion to worship, the First Baptist Church of Rocksprings continues
Erected 1998 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 11854.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 30° 0.711′ N, 100° 12.32′ W. Marker is in Rocksprings, Texas, in Edwards County. Marker is on Uvalde Road (State Highway 55), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 500 Uvalde Road, Rocksprings TX 78880, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Sesquicentennial Committee Erects This Marker (approx. 0.3 miles away); Edwards County (approx. 0.3 miles away); Edwards County Courthouse (approx. 0.3 miles away); Rocksprings Telephone Company (approx. 0.3 miles away); Old Carson Store (approx. 0.4 miles away); Gilmer Hotel (approx. 0.4 miles away); Headquarters, American Angora Goat Breeders' Assn. (approx. 0.4 miles away); Site of Rocksprings' First School Building (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rocksprings.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 1, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 30, 2020, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 27 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 1, 2020, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.