Near Barksdale in Edwards County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Opened 1928. Named for E.K. Fawcett, President, Southwest Texas Council, Boy Scouts of America. That area - Dimmit, Edwards, Kinney, Maverick, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, and Zavala counties - merged in 1943 with the Concho Valley Council. Main Hall is named for 1930 Camping Chairman, V.A. Brown.
Erected 1967 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 662.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Places. A significant historical year for this entry is 1928.
Location. 29° 44.168′ N, 100° 2.321′ W. Marker is near Barksdale, Texas, in Edwards County. Marker is on Ranch to Market Road 335, half a mile north of State Highway 55, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Barksdale TX 78828, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Pioneer Coalsons (approx. 0.8 miles away); Site of Nix Mill (approx. 0.8 miles away); Dixie Settlement (approx. 0.8 miles away); Site of the Mission San Lorenzo De La Santa Cruz (approx. 4.3 miles away); Site of Camp WoodPrivate Frank Marshall, C.S.A. (approx. 4½ miles away); Charles A. Lindbergh in Texas (approx. 4.8 miles away); Vance Cemetery (approx. 5.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Barksdale.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 13, 2021. It was originally submitted on December 2, 2020, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 135 times since then and 74 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 3, 2020, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.