Uvalde in Uvalde County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Uvalde Methodist Church
Construction of the present sanctuary in 1907-08 was overseen by Building Committee members D.W. Barnhill, Harry Hornby, Sr., and J.G. Smyth. The 1909 and 1916 sessions of the West Texas Annual Conference were held here.
The early congregation brought stability, leadership, and spiritual values to an unsettled frontier. Through the years the members have continued to seek those goals and enlarge their scope of service.
Erected 1985 by Texas Historical
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 29° 12.714′ N, 99° 47.382′ W. Marker is in Uvalde, Texas, in Uvalde County. Marker is at the intersection of West Oak Street and North High Street, on the right when traveling west on West Oak Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 301 North High Street, Uvalde TX 78801, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Original Site of Uvalde High School (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Presbyterian Church of Uvalde (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Nance Garner House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Judge John Nance Garner (approx. 0.2 miles away); Capt. William Benson (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Nance Garner Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); Grand Opera House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Kincaid Hotel (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Uvalde.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 3, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 2, 2020, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas. This page has been viewed 24 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 3, 2020, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas.