Clearfield in Clearfield County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
National Register of Historic Places
Dept. of Interior
Clearfield Heritage Foundation
Erected 1987 by Clearfield Heritage Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 41° 1.336′ N, 78° 26.298′ W. Marker is in Clearfield, Pennsylvania, in Clearfield County. Marker is on North 2nd Street (Pennsylvania Route 153) just north of East Market Street, on the left when traveling north. Marker is mounted at eye-level, near the sidewalk, directly on the east side of the subject building. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Clearfield PA 16830, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Clearfield County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); William Bigler (within shouting distance of this marker); The "Public Spirit" (within shouting distance of this marker); Kurtz Bros. Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Senator William W. Betts Clearfield County's First Jail (about 600 feet away); Presbyterian Church (about 700 feet away); Bigler House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clearfield.
Regarding Dimeling Hotel. National Register of Historic Places #80003474.
Also see . . .
1. Dimeling Hotel (Wikipedia). The hotel ceased operating in 1977. The community came together to save this landmark, and in 1998 investors agreed to buy the building and turn it into senior living apartments. Building rehab took nearly two years. Dimeling Senior Residence opened doors in 1999. (Submitted on December 8, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
2. Dimeling Hotel. The seven-story, 120-room hotel, located across from the Clearfield County Courthouse, was designed by Louis Beezer and Michael J. Beezer of Beezer Brothers, a Seattle-based architectural firm, and constructed in 1904-1905. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on April 10, 1980. (Submitted on December 8, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 8, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 8, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 37 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 8, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.