Kerrville in Kerr County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Baptist Church
Kerrville Baptist Church was organized in June 1887 with eleven charter members. Seven years later the name was changed to First Baptist Church of Kerrville. Originally meeting in a Union church with other denominations in the community, the Baptist congregation built its first sanctuary in 1897. It was replaced by a brick building in 1914, and the present house of worship was completed in 1951. A part of Kerrville history for over one hundred years, this church continues to serve the community.
Erected 1988 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1644.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 30° 2.907′ N, 99° 8.093′ W. Marker is in Kerrville, Texas, in Kerr County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Street and Barnett Street, on the right when traveling north on Washington Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 625 Washington Street, Kerrville TX 78028, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Presbyterian Church of Kerrville (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also First Presbyterian Church of Kerrville (approx. 0.2 miles away); Zion Lutheran Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Original Building of Tivy School (approx. ¼ mile away); Kennedy-Peterson House (approx. ¼ mile away); San Antonio & Aransas Pass Passenger Train Depot (approx. ¼ mile away); Bocock Civil War Cannon (approx. ¼ mile away); Beitel Lumberyard (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kerrville.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 12, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 11, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 22 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 12, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.