Fort Johnson in Montgomery County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
This tablet is erected by the Society, In Memorial of the donor, Major General John Watts de Peyster.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and CastlesMilitary.
Location. 42° 57.433′ N, 74° 14.417′ W. Marker is in Fort Johnson, New York, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection of New York State Route 5 and Fort Johnson Avenue (New York State Route 67), on the right when traveling west on State Route 5. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Johnson NY 12070, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Orchard at Old Fort Johnson (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Fort Johnson (here, next to this marker); Fort Johnson, 1749 (within shouting distance of this marker); Johnson Trail (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Putman's Lock Grocery (approx. 0.3 miles away); Claus Mansion (approx. one mile away); Amsterdam World War Memorial (approx. 1.1 miles away); Guy Park, 1766 (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Johnson.
Also see . . .
1. Old Fort Johnson - Montgomery County Historical Society. (Submitted on December 13, 2020, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
2. Sir William Johnson, 1st Baronet (Wikipedia). (Submitted on December 13, 2020, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 13, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 12, 2020, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 24 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 12, 2020, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.