Kerrville in Kerr County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Presbyterian Church of Kerrville
Presbyterians in Kerrville shared a Union Church with other denominations before a congregation was formally organized in 1888. A small wooden church built that year was replaced by this structure in 1923. Prominent features of the Beaux Arts style sanctuary include a monumental two-story wooden entry with flanking Doric columns, classical pediment and decorative details, and large arched stained glass windows.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1987
Erected 1987 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1840.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1888.
Location. 30° 2.846′ N, 99° 8.279′ W. Marker is in Kerrville, Texas, in Kerr County. Marker is on Jefferson Street near Earl Garrett Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 800 Jefferson Street, Kerrville TX 78028, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named First Presbyterian Church of Kerrville (within shouting distance of this marker); Bocock Civil War Cannon James Kerr (about 500 feet away); Kerr County (about 500 feet away); Early Settlers of Kerr County (about 500 feet away); Kerrville Mountain Sun (about 600 feet away); Guthrie Building (about 600 feet away); Kerr County War Memorial (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kerrville.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 13, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 12, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 126 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 13, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.