Kerrville in Kerr County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Presbyterian Church of Kerrville
Early settlers to Kerrville met for worship services in the Union church built in 1885. In 1888, seven charter members of the Presbyterian congregation received funds to build their own church. Through the years the congregation has grown along with the community, building new facilities to accommodate its membership and activities. Innovative outreach programs included radio broadcasts and services at ranching communities west of Kerrville. The congregation continues to serve the community with various activities including educational and outreach ministries.
Erected 1996 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 14483.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 30° 2.823′ N, 99° 8.26′ W. Marker is in Kerrville, Texas, in Kerr County. Marker is on Jefferson Street 0.1 miles south of Earl Garrett Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 800 Jefferson Street, Kerrville TX 78028, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named First Presbyterian Church of KerrvilleBocock Civil War Cannon (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Kerrville Mountain Sun (about 600 feet away); Guthrie Building (about 600 feet away); James Kerr (about 600 feet away); Kerr County (about 600 feet away); Early Settlers of Kerr County (about 600 feet away); Old Kerrville Post Office (1936) (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kerrville.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 14, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 14, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 29 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 14, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.