Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Hampton in Rockingham County, New Hampshire — The American Northeast (New England)
 

The Proprietary School

 
 
The Proprietary School Marker image. Click for full size.
By TeamOHE, June 3, 2019
1. The Proprietary School Marker
Inscription.  
The
Proprietary School
now known as
Hampton Academy
was incorporated in 1810.

Its first building
which stood on this spot
was burned.

The building
now used by the school
was erected in 1852
and removed to
its present site in 1883.


 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education.
 
Location. 42° 56.016′ N, 70° 50.107′ W. Marker is in Hampton, New Hampshire, in Rockingham County. Marker is on Park Avenue near Cuss Lane, on the right when traveling west. Located on the grounds of the Tuck Museum of Hampton History. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 40 Park Avenue, Hampton NH 03842, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of the Log Meeting-House (here, next to this marker); Rev. Ira S. Jones (a few steps from this marker); Thorvald's Rock (a few steps from this marker); A Little Band Of Pioneers (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Landing Road (within shouting distance of this marker); First Public School Marker
The Proprietary School Marker image. Click for full size.
By TeamOHE, June 3, 2019
2. The Proprietary School Marker
(approx. ¼ mile away); Bell of Fifth Congregational Church Building (approx. ¼ mile away); Roll of Honor WW II (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hampton.
 
Also see . . .  The Tuck Museum of Hampton History. (Submitted on December 20, 2020, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
 
The Proprietary School Marker image. Click for full size.
By TeamOHE, June 3, 2019
3. The Proprietary School Marker
The grounds of the Tuck Museum of Hampton History
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on December 20, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 16, 2020, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 22 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on December 16, 2020, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement
Feb. 25, 2021