Pearsall in Frio County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Pearsall Presbyterian Church
Organized on March 31, 1884, in home of Mrs. Mary Dorsey. Elders: Dr. J.R. Boyd, James Ferries, James Thompson; Trustees: C.W. Gribble, R.J. Harkness, J.S. Powell, E.B. Rutledge, James Thompson. First pastor was the Rev. W.S. Wright. Church structure was dedicated on December 8, 1885. The oldest church building in continuous use in Pearsall, this has its original pulpit, communion table, pews. In 1970 church became ecumenical.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1971
Erected 1971 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3965.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 28° 53.356′ N, 99° 5.542′ W. Marker is in Pearsall, Texas, in Frio County. Marker is at the intersection of South Pecan Street and Comal Street, on the left when traveling south on South Pecan Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 308 South Pecan Street, Pearsall TX 78061, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Frio County (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Frio County Jail155 mm Howitzer (about 800 feet away); Frio Lodge No. 399, A.F.& A.M. (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Frio County (approx. 3.1 miles away); Moore Cemetery (approx. 12.9 miles away); Moore Catholic Cemetery (approx. 12.9 miles away); Tehuacana Cemetery (approx. 13.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pearsall.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 18, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 17, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 34 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 17, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.