Weimar in Colorado County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Weimar Masonic Lodge No. 423
The Weimar Masonic Lodge No. 423 Ancient Free and Accepted Masons began in Weimar in 1874. The lodge took members of the community and made them better men through the belief in brotherhood and immortality of the soul. Brother J.M. Cummins was selected to be the first Worshipful Master of the lodge. The Masons taught basic moral truths, which applied to everyday activities in the community. The early location of the lodge was Grange Hall where meetings were held until 1893. They then met in a building donated by T.A. hill. The lodge has occupied this building for more than one hundred years. Many early Weimar community leaders were dedicated members.
Marker is property of the State of Texas
Erected 2014 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 17894.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Fraternal or Sororal Organizations.
Location. 29° 42.097′ N, 96° 46.832′ W. Marker is in Weimar, Texas, in Colorado County. Marker is at the intersection of Jackson SquareTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6 East Jackson Square, Weimar TX 78962, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Weimar Railroad Depot (within shouting distance of this marker); Town of Weimar (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Michael’s Catholic Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Holman-Seifert Homestead (approx. 0.6 miles away); John Pettit Borden (approx. 0.8 miles away); Weimar Masonic Cemetery (approx. 0.8 miles away); Dubina (approx. 3.7 miles away); Old Osage (approx. 4.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Weimar.
Regarding Weimar Masonic Lodge No. 423. Above the door reads “There are no strangers here only friends you have yet to meet”.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 23, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 23, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 27 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 23, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.