Weimar in Colorado County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
St. Michaelís Catholic Church
Established as a Mission in 1888, by Father Edward Brucklin, who became first resident priest in 1892. An earlier frame structure was replaced by this stately sanctuary in 1913, under direction of Father Joseph Szymanski (1873-1948), who served the congregation for 42 years. The imposing edifice was constructed of Elgin brick by Italian and Mexican craftsmen directed by contractors L.M. and J.C. Dielmann of San Antonio. The Gothic revival architectural style reflects the central European heritage of the Czechoslovakian and German settlers.
Erected 1975 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4474.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Churches & Religion.
Location. 29° 42.411′ N, 96° 46.809′ W. Marker is in Weimar, Texas, in Colorado County. Marker is at the intersection of North Center Street (Farm to Market Road 155) and North Street, on the right when traveling north on North Center Street. The marker is located directly in front of St. Michaelís Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 410 North Center Street, Weimar TX 78962, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Town of Weimar (approx. 0.3 miles away); Weimar Railroad Depot (approx. 0.3 miles away); Weimar Masonic Lodge No. 423 (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Holman-Seifert Homestead (approx. half a mile away); John Pettit Borden (approx. 0.9 miles away); Weimar Masonic Cemetery (approx. 0.9 miles away); Dubina (approx. 3.6 miles away); Old Osage (approx. 4Ĺ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Weimar.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 23, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 23, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 24 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 23, 2020, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.