Trenton in Fannin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First National Bank of Trenton
Founded in 1901 by John Donaghey, J.B. Robinson, and Y.B. Reed - major officers for 33 years, descendants still operate institution. In early days old-timers gathered here to discuss town events. Bank is still center of community news. At same location since founding: remodeled twice.
Erected 1970 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 8881.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce.
Location. 33° 25.86′ N, 96° 20.337′ W. Marker is in Trenton, Texas, in Fannin County. Marker is on Hamilton Street west of North Pearl Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Trenton TX 75490, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Trenton (within shouting distance of this marker); Y.B. Reed (within shouting distance of this marker); First Methodist Church of Trenton (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Burns Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Indian Creek Baptist Church and CemeteryJohn Cadwallader Neale (approx. 6 miles away); Dr. William Chamberlayne Jones (approx. 6 miles away); First Presbyterian Church of Leonard (approx. 6.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Trenton.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 26, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 25, 2020, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. This page has been viewed 25 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 25, 2020, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.