Trenton in Fannin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Built 1910 by Y.B. Reed, who in 1894 had bought out grandfather and uncle Burgher and Burgher. A complete hardware store: had plows, binders, hay balers, hand tools. Sold wagons and buggies, nails, wire, hinges, nuts, bolts. Harness division made goods it sold. Tin shop made gutters and tanks; also sold windmills. Site of voting in elections. Visits and arguments went on by the heater in winter or by the door in summertime.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1965
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 33° 25.848′ N, 96° 20.311′ W. Marker is in Trenton, Texas, in Fannin County. Marker is at the intersection of North Pearl Street and Hamilton Street, on the right when traveling north on North Pearl Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Trenton TX 75490, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Trenton (a few steps from this marker); First National Bank of Trenton First Methodist Church of Trenton (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Burns Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Indian Creek Baptist Church and Cemetery (approx. 3.9 miles away); John Cadwallader Neale (approx. 5.9 miles away); Dr. William Chamberlayne Jones (approx. 5.9 miles away); First Presbyterian Church of Leonard (approx. 6.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Trenton.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 26, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 25, 2020, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. This page has been viewed 27 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 25, 2020, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.