McKinney in Collin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
A fine example of Queen Anne architecture, this home was built in 1887 for Joe H. and Clara Letson Crouch. It was sold in 1906 to F. Dudley Perkins and in 1920 was acquired by the Martin Moses Family. Prominent features of the rambling wood frame residence include its asymmetrical massing of gables, turret, roof details, and wraparound porch. Of particular note are the many fine milled wood details and intricate shingled gable ends.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1989
Erected 1989 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1121.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture.
Location. 33° 11.911′ N, 96° 37.052′ W. Marker is in McKinney, Texas, in Collin County. Marker is on North Church Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 205 N Church Street, McKinney TX 75069, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Heard-Craig House (within shouting distance of this marker); First United Methodist Church of McKinney (about 700 feet away, measured Dr. William Taylor Hoard House (about 700 feet away); Waddill-Morris Homesite (about 800 feet away); Collin County Prison (approx. 0.2 miles away); J.D. Stiff Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); Aron-Harris House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Charles P. and Sallie G. Heard Home (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in McKinney.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 28, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 26, 2020, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. This page has been viewed 26 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 26, 2020, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.