Fairview Methodist Episcopal Church in Toboyne Township was constructed in 1857 on 36 perches (approximately acre) of land. The church trustees had purchased the land for twenty dollars from Ephraim McLaughlin, a Scotsman, and owner of a nearby tannery and also a church trustee. All materials for construction were obtained locally-with foundation stone gathered from the nearby Conochocheague Mountain,
Erected by Perry County Heritage Trails.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 40° 17.25′ N, 77° 36.683′ W. Marker is in New Germantown, Pennsylvania, in Perry County. Marker is on Big Spring Road (Pennsylvania Route 274), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Germantown PA 17071, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Newburg and Hopewell Township World War II Memorial (approx. 10.8 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on December 30, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 28, 2020, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 25 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 28, 2020, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.