Fredericksburg in Gillespie County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Albert Lee Patton Building
Missouri native Albert Lee Patton (1851-1934), trained as a tinsmith, moved to Fredericksburg in the early 1870s. In 1897 he constructed this two-story native limestone building adjacent to the east side of his general mercantile and hardware store. The ground floor housed the Citizens Bank until it closed in 1932 and the second floor area was used as a residence by Patton, his wife Emma (Wahrmund), and their five children.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1980
Erected 1980 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 10093.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 30° 16.642′ N, 98° 52.506′ W. Marker is in Fredericksburg, Texas, in Gillespie County. Marker is on West Main Street (U.S. 290) 0.1 miles east of North Orange Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 232 West Main Street, Fredericksburg TX 78624, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hoerster Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Schmidt-Dietz BuildingSchwarz Building (within shouting distance of this marker); William Wahrmund House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Little Rock House (about 300 feet away); Gun Cap Factory (about 400 feet away); Heinrich Bierschwale House (about 400 feet away); Meckel - Hanus Building (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fredericksburg.
Also see . . . Architecture of Fredericksburg, Texas. In 1897, Albert Lee Patton constructed a two-story native limestone building adjacent to his general store. The ground floor houses the Citizens Bank until it closed in 1932. The second floor was the Patton residence. Source: Wikipedia (Submitted on January 2, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 2, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 1, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 27 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 2, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.