The First Well in the East Texas Oil Field
The first well in the East Texas Oil Field was discovered by C. M. (Dad) Joiner in October, 1930. This discovery, 1.2 miles north of this point, led to the development of the largest oil field in America.
Dedicated to the men who visioned an empire, dared to seek it, and discovered it in the East Texas Oil Field.
For the role it has been permitted to play in the development of the oil and gas industry Lone Star Steel Company
is pleased to provide this site as a memorial to the pioneers of the great East, Texas Oil Field.
C. E. Owen, Chairman
E. B. Germany, President
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce.
Location. 32° 10.7′ N, 94° 55.35′ W. Marker is in Joinerville, Texas, in Rusk County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 64 and County Highway 4148, on the left when traveling east on State Highway 64. The marker is on the grounds of the Pioneer Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Joinerville TX 75658, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers
Credits. This page was last revised on January 5, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 3, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 52 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on January 3, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.