Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Westerville in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
REMOVED
SEE LOCATION SECTION
 

Blendon Presbyterian Church

 
 
Blendon Presbyterian Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. J. Prats, July 12, 2008
1. Blendon Presbyterian Church Marker
Inscription.  On this site the Blendon Presbyterian Church held services from 1830 to 1865 on land donated by Edward Phelps to the Blendon Township Trustees for church purposes.
 
Erected 1967 by The Blendon Township Trustees, and contributed by Helen Phelps and Eleanor Arn Wagner, descendants of Edward Phelps. (Marker Number 4-25.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1830.
 
Location. This marker has been replaced by another marker nearby. It was located near 40° 5.7′ N, 82° 54.333′ W. Marker was in Westerville, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker was at the intersection of South Hempstead Road and Dempsey Road, on the left when traveling north on South Hempstead Road. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Westerville OH 43081, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Blendon Township's Early Presbyterian Churches and Church Bell (a few steps from this
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
marker); Phelps Acre Park (within shouting distance of this marker); Edward Phelps (within shouting distance of this marker); First Blendon Presbyterian Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Blendon Central Cemetery (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Blendon Township War Memorial (about 500 feet away); The Ellsworth Chapel (approx. 0.9 miles away); Central College Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Westerville.
 
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. This marker has been replaced by the linked marker, which has new information.
 
Blendon Presbyterian Church Location and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. J. Prats, July 12, 2008
2. Blendon Presbyterian Church Location and Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 5, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 26, 2008, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 979 times since then and 2 times this year. Last updated on January 5, 2021, by Grant & Mary Ann Fish of Galloway, Ohio. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 26, 2008, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=164122

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 25, 2024