Moulton in Lavaca County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Moulton Masonic Lodge
#298 - A.F. and A.M
First meeting held July 20, 1866. Chartered June 15, 1867, with 18 members. First building erected in cooperation with Live Oak Church, in 1874. Through the years, this Lodge has shared its building with other groups. It moved in 1894 to New Moulton. A new hall was built in 1910.
Erected 1969 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3486.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Fraternal or Sororal Organizations.
Location. 29° 34.348′ N, 97° 8.73′ W. Marker is in Moulton, Texas, in Lavaca County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street and Elm Street, on the right when traveling south on South Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 South Main Street, Moulton TX 77975, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Adolph Hofner (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Boehm Store (about 700 feet away); Site of Moore Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Moulton Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Orrin L. Winters CabinZion Lutheran Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Moulton (approx. 0.4 miles away); Sam and Will Moore Institute Bell (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Moulton.
Also see . . . Freemasonry. The Masonic fraternity, brought to the American colonies in the mid-eighteenth century, was well established in all of the United States by 1820. Among the first Americans to migrate to Texas in the 1820s were a number of Masons, including Stephen F. Austin. Source: The Handbook of Texas (Submitted on January 8, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 8, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 8, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 38 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on January 8, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.