Greenville in Hunt County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
White Rock Baptist Church
The Rev. A. D. Manion, along with thirteen charter members, organized a congregation known as Pleasant View Baptist Church in 1872. A church building was erected in 1883 and served the congregation until 1901, when it was dismantled and rebuilt at White Rock on land purchased from P. W. Titus. After its relocation the name of the church was changed to White Rock Baptist Church. In 1925 a new sanctuary was built across the creek from the 1901 site. White Rock Baptist Church has been a part of Hunt County history for over one hundred years.
Erected 1987 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 7838.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 33° 16.098′ N, 96° 7.051′ W. Marker is in Greenville, Texas, in Hunt County. Marker is on Highway 1566, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Celeste TX 75423, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. White Rock Methodist Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); White Rock Community Kingston Baptist Church (approx. 3˝ miles away); Harrell Camp Ground (approx. 3˝ miles away); Birthplace of Audie Murphy (approx. 3.7 miles away); Central National Road of The Republic of Texas (approx. 4.4 miles away); Audie Murphy (approx. 4˝ miles away); Birthplace of Mack Harrell (approx. 5.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greenville.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 10, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 9, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. This page has been viewed 31 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 9, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.