Orangeville in Stephenson County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
People's State Bank
National Register of Historic Places
is listed in the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
People’s State Bank
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1926.
Location. 42° 28.126′ N, 89° 38.811′ W. Marker is in Orangeville, Illinois, in Stephenson County. Marker can be reached from West High Street just west of Main Street, on the right when traveling west. Marker is mounted at eye-level, directly on the subject building, just to the left of the front entrance. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 West High Street, Orangeville IL 61060, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Central House (a few steps from this marker); Cedarville (approx. 6˝ miles away); World Trade Center South Tower (approx. 9.1 miles away in Wisconsin); First Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 9.2 miles away in Wisconsin); Historic Green County CourthouseSoldiers' Monument (approx. 11.9 miles away); Second Joint Appearance (approx. 14.7 miles away).
Regarding People's State Bank. National Register of Historic Places #04000868.
Also see . . . People's State Bank (Wikipedia). The structure was erected in 1926 when two Orangeville banks merged to form the People's State Bank. It operated until 1932 when it became overwhelmed by an economic disaster caused by the Great Depression and the bypassing of downtown Orangeville by an important route. (Submitted on January 10, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 5, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 10, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 74 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 10, 2021, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.