Brownsville in Cameron County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Oldest House in Brownsville
The oldest house in Brownsville built by Wm. Neale in 1834 and occupied by the Neale Family until 1959 at which time it was given to the Brownsville Art League for a gallery and studio by Mrs. Hector del Valle, a direct descendant
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 25° 53.641′ N, 97° 29.709′ W. Marker is in Brownsville, Texas, in Cameron County. Marker is on Neale Drive west of Ringgold Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Brownsville TX 78520, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Neale House (here, next to this marker); Neale House Circa 1850 (here, next to this marker); Neale Home (a few steps from this marker); Brownsville-Matamoros Ferries and River Boardwalk (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Chisholm Trail (approx. 0.4 miles away); Stillman House (approx. half a mile away); Home of Charles Stillman (approx. half a mile away); Stillman House Museum (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brownsville.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 14, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 13, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 32 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 13, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.