McKinney in Collin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Designed by Putnam Russell, an architect from New York, this house was constructed in 1889 for local merchant Morris Aron and his wife Henrietta. In 1897 the home was purchased by Plummer and Josie Harris and it remained in their family until 1951. The Queen Anne styling features intricate ornamentation and a corner turret with a bell-shaped roof. The interior includes ornate woodwork and marble detailing.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1980
Erected 1980 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 209.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture.
Location. 33° 11.947′ N, 96° 37.245′ W. Marker is in McKinney, Texas, in Collin County. Marker is on West Hunt Street near North College Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: McKinney TX 75069, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Charles P. and Sallie G. Heard Home (within shouting distance of this marker); J.D. Stiff Home (within shouting distance of this marker); Saint Peter’s Episcopal ChurchDr. William Taylor Hoard House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Crouch-Perkins House (approx. 0.2 miles away); First United Methodist Church of McKinney (approx. 0.2 miles away); Heard-Craig House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Waddill-Morris Homesite (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in McKinney.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 15, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 14, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. This page has been viewed 25 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 14, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.