Wilson in Niagara County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Rexford G. Tugwell
1891-1979. Wilson resident &
member of FDR's Brain Trust.
Gov. of Puerto Rico 1941-1946.
Cabin moved here ca. 1980.
Used as his writing retreat.
Erected 2020 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation & Wilson Historical Society. (Marker Number 753.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. In addition, it is included in the William G. Pomeroy Foundation series list.
Location. 43° 17.874′ N, 78° 49.611′ W. Marker is in Wilson, New York, in Niagara County. Marker can be reached from Lake Street (New York State Route 425) ¾ mile south of Wilcox Street. Marker is on the grounds of the Wilson Historical Society. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 641 Lake Street, Wilson NY 14172, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Randall Road Schoolhouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Hojack Park (within shouting distance of this marker); Morgan Johnson House (approx. ¼ mile away); Tabor BridgeWilson Collegiate Institute 1845 (approx. 0.6 miles away); Site of Log House Built in 1818 by Reuben Wilson (approx. 0.7 miles away); Schooner Fleetwing (approx. 0.8 miles away); Lake Street and Young Street (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wilson.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 15, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 15, 2021, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 31 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 15, 2021, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.