Richland in Navarro County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Methodist Church of Richland
Founded 1847 on remote frontier, by efforts of the Rev. J.E. Ferguson and the Rev. J.G. Hardin. In 1966 the American Association of Methodist Historical Societies honored Richland as the oldest continuing congregation in Central Texas Annual Conference.
Erected 1971 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 7199.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1847.
Location. 31° 55.52′ N, 96° 25.579′ W. Marker is in Richland, Texas, in Navarro County. Marker is at the intersection of Maplewood Street and Austin Avenue (State Highway 14), on the left when traveling west on Maplewood Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 Maplewood Street, Richland TX 76681, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Richland Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Flag Memorial Richland Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Angus Schoolhouse (approx. 5.7 miles away); Cade Cemetery (approx. 5.8 miles away); Annie Carpenter LoveBlind Lemon Jefferson (approx. 9.1 miles away); The Rev. G.W. Bounds (approx. 9.7 miles away); United Methodist Church (approx. 9.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richland.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 19, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 18, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 33 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 18, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.