Greenbackville Volunteer Fire Dept., Inc.
Building constructed in May 1956, on land donated by the late John A. Selby
Renovated into a community center — August 2004
This building is re-dedicated in memory of all persons whose hard work and devotion to their community helped to make this department what it is today.
Additional funds needed to complete renovations were given in memory of Lois "Mom" Merrill by Richard A. Culver
Special recognition is given to the Greenbackville V.F.D. Ladies Auxiliary for their dedication and contributions towards this building.
Erected 2004 by Greenbackville Volunteer Fire Department, Inc.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Charity & Public Work. A significant historical month for this entry is May 1956.
Location. 38° 0.74′ N, 75° 23.419′ W. Marker is in Greenbackville, Virginia, in Accomack County. Marker is on Ellis Street (County Road 3001) just west of School Street (State Route 3003), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1468 Ellis St, Greenbackville VA 23356, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of
Credits. This page was last revised on January 19, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 19, 2021, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 112 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 19, 2021, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.