Brenham in Washington County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
St. Peter’s Episcopal Church
Founded among Austin colony settlers. Parish, fourth oldest in Texas, organized May 2, 1848, by missionary Bishop Geo. W. Freeman, of Arkansas. Rebuilt. Dedicated June 29, 1965, by Bishop J.M. Richardson.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1965
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 8389.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is May 2, 1848.
Location. 30° 8.775′ N, 96° 23.728′ W. Marker is in Brenham, Texas, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of Airline Drive and Hillcrest Lane, on the right when traveling north on Airline Drive. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2310 Airline Drive, Brenham TX 77834, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Giddings-Stone House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Giddings Stone Mansion 1870 (approx. 0.3 miles away); City of Brenham (approx. 0.4 miles away); 100th Anniversary Brenham "Banner-Press" (approx. 0.6 miles away); Germania Mutual Aid Association William H. Watson (approx. 0.7 miles away); Milroy's Garden and Orchard (approx. 0.7 miles away); Mills Roberson “Burney” Parker (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brenham.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 20, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 19, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 94 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 19, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.