Dallas in Dallas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
William Brown Miller (1807 - 1899) moved from Missouri to Texas in 1847 with his family. In 1855-62 he built this house on his farm east of Dallas. His twelfth child, Minerva (1865 - 1960), inherited the house and named it Millermore. Her husband, Barry Miller (1864 - 1933), was a Lieutenant Governor of Texas. Herein lived also their daughter, Evelyn Miller Crowell, author of "A Texas Childhood." The house was dismantled in 1966 and reconstructed here in the 1970s.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1962
Erected 1962 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 6788.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 32° 46.337′ N, 96° 47.336′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Texas, in Dallas County. Marker can be reached from 1717 Gano Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1515 S Harwood Street, Dallas TX 75215, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Miller Log Cabin (within shouting distance of this marker); Old City Park (about Browder Springs (about 400 feet away); Cherokees in Dallas (about 500 feet away); Dallas Scottish Rite Temple (approx. half a mile away); City of Dallas (approx. 0.6 miles away); A. H. Belo Corporation (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Dallas Morning News (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 23, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 22, 2021, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. This page has been viewed 52 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on January 22, 2021, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.