East Taghkanic in Columbia County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
established 1830 by John
C. Wheeler on Chrysler
Pond outlet. 6 styles of
plows made. Abandoned 1905.
Erected 1935 by State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce.
Location. 42° 6.703′ N, 73° 38.77′ W. Marker is in East Taghkanic, New York, in Columbia County. Marker is on County Route 27 0.3 miles north of New Forge Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ancram NY 12502, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Taghkanic Hamlet (approx. 1.8 miles away); First Suyham Schoolhouse (approx. 2.4 miles away); Stage Inn (approx. 2.4 miles away); Gallatin - Taghkanic Town Line (approx. 2.6 miles away); Site of Miller's Tavern (approx. 3.9 miles away); Town of Taghkanic Veterans Memorial (approx. 3.9 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 3.9 miles away); Ancram's Civil War Veterans (approx. 4.3 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on January 27, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 25, 2021, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 40 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 25, 2021, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.