Greenville in Hunt County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
A Junior College founded by Baptists in 1895. Through her halls passed 9186 students. Her doors closed in 1930.
“Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them”
St. Matthew 7:20
Erected 1956 by Alumni.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education.
Location. 33° 8.412′ N, 96° 7.549′ W. Marker is in Greenville, Texas, in Hunt County. Marker is at the intersection of Lee Street and William Street, on the right when traveling west on Lee Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Greenville TX 75401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Germany House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Hunt County's First Railroad (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Old Greenville Post Office (approx. 0.9 miles away); Greenville "Herald" (approx. 0.9 miles away); Greenville Building and Loan Association (approx. 0.9 miles away); Greenville (approx. 0.9 miles away); Central Christian Church (approx. one mile away); First Baptist Church (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greenville.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 28, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 27, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. This page has been viewed 29 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on January 27, 2021, by Jesse Nelsen of Farmersville, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area together in context. • Can you help?