Churchtown in Columbia County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
as Granger, included Copake.
Claverack, a district 1772.
Hillsdale removed 1782, Hudson
1785. Organized as town 1788
Erected 1935 by State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 42° 10.518′ N, 73° 43.172′ W. Marker is in Churchtown, New York, in Columbia County. Marker is at the intersection of Taghkanic-Churchtown Road and Junction Road, on the left when traveling north on Taghkanic-Churchtown Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 711 Taghkanic-Churchtown Rd, Craryville NY 12521, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Livingston-Claverack Line (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Taghkanic-Claverack Line (about 500 feet away); a different marker also named Livingston-Claverack Line (approx. half a mile away); a different marker also named Livingston-Claverack Line (approx. 0.6 miles away); Linlithgo Mills (approx. 1.4 miles away); “The Hill” (approx. 1.6 miles away); Glenco Mills (approx. 2.1 miles away); Taghkanic-Livingston Line (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Churchtown.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 30, 2021. It was originally submitted on January 28, 2021, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 35 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 28, 2021, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.