Did You Know?
Concord Point Light Keeper’s House and Property 1827-1920
Raised wooden walkways similar to these you are standing on now were installed in order to reach the outbuildings during these floods, including a privy located on the west side of the property. The walkways were added sometime between 1884 and 1890.
A fence was first constructed around the grounds in 1828. The four rail fence seen in most of the photos was added sometime after the outbuildings were built and probably before 1890. The fence is re-constructed here to illustrate how the property would have looked.
This postcard from 1909 shows the fence around the lighthouse. (Image courtesy of the Susquehanna Museum at the Lockhouse)
[caption] Point Concord Light House Havre De Grace Md
Maryland Heritage Areas Authority
Erected by Maryland Heritage Area
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 39° 32.461′ N, 76° 5.128′ W. Marker was in Havre de Grace, Maryland, in Harford County. Marker was on Concord Street. The marker is on the grounds of the Concord Point Light Keeper's House and Property. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 700 Concord Street, Havre de Grace MD 21078, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Keeper's House (here, next to this marker); The Keepers (a few steps from this marker); Concord Point Lighthouse Grounds (within shouting distance of this marker); Hero's Reward (within shouting distance of this marker); Keeper of the Light (within shouting distance of this marker); Post U.S. Lighthouse Service Use (within shouting distance of this marker); Adding On (within shouting distance of this marker); Havre de Grace (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Havre de Grace.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 2, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 31, 2019, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 143 times since then and 19 times this year. Last updated on January 30, 2021, by Carl Gordon Moore Jr. of North East, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 31, 2019, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.