Blackburn / Wesner Bridge
This covered bridge once spanned Brannon's Fork near Young Hickory in Muskingum County. The bridge was dismantled in the '60s because land surrounding it was to be strip-mined.
Arthur Wesner purchased the bridge in 1967 and reassembled it on his land along Big Run Creek in Franklin Township. He donated the bridge to Metro Parks in 1998. The 53-foot long bridge has been restored and reassembled by the Parks' Construction Crew.
Originally known as the Blackburn Bridge, it cost $6.75
per foot to build in 1895. Ohio had more than 3,000
Covered bridges in the 1880s and early 1900s.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Bridges & Viaducts. In addition, it is included in the Covered Bridges 🌉 series list.
Location. 39° 45.267′ N, 82° 50.65′ W. Marker is in Walnut, Ohio, in Pickaway County. Marker can be reached from Marcy Road (County Route 89) 0.4 miles west of Winchester Southern Road (Ohio Route 674), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 9094 Marcy Rd, Ashville OH 43103, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are
Credits. This page was last revised on February 2, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 1, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 40 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 1, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.