Stanford in Lincoln County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Founded 1781, on Wilderness Trail,
by Benjamin Logan.
Logan built Ft. St. Asaph, 1775.
1st Court House in Ky. 1781.
Formed 1780, one of 3 original
counties on Ky.
Named for Benjamin Lincoln, Rev. soldier,
Homes of Isaac Shelby, 1st governor of Ky.,
and Wm. Whitley, Indian conqueror.
Dedicated to Lincoln Pioneers.
Erected 1940 by Logan-Whitley Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list.
Location. 37° 31.782′ N, 84° 39.577′ W. Marker is in Stanford, Kentucky, in Lincoln County. Marker is at the intersection of East Main Street (U.S. BUS 150) and 1st Street, on the left when traveling east on East Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Stanford KY 40484, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. County Named, 1780 (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lincoln County (about 500 feet away); Benjamin Logan (about 500 feet away); Cherokees in Kentucky (about 600 feet away); Wilderness Road / Logan’s Station (about 600 feet away); Kentucky's Oldest Main Street (approx. 0.2 miles away); History Written in Departures & Arrivals (approx. 0.2 miles away); Baughman Mill (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stanford.
Also see . . . Stanford, KY. (Submitted on February 4, 2021, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 4, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 4, 2021, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 4, 2021, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida.