Roswell in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Kings, father and son, bought the land where Roswell stands, organized the Roswell Manufacturing Company which was incorporated in 1839 with Barrington King as president, and laid out the town with wide streets and a park. They gave building sites for the Presbyterian and Methodist churches and for the Academy, and to the six families (which included the family of Barrington King) who formed the colony of Roswell.
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-125.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 34° 0.848′ N, 84° 21.854′ W. Marker is in Roswell, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Marietta Road (Georgia Route 120) and Barrington Drive, on the right when traveling east on Marietta Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 535 Barrington Drive, Roswell GA 30075, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Roswell King (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bulloch Hall (about 300 feet away); Roswell Town Square (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Barrington Hall (about 400 feet away); Barrington King (about 400 feet away); James S. Bulloch (about 400 feet away); Elizabeth King Hand (about 400 feet away); John Dunwoody (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Roswell.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 26, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 4, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,040 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 4, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.