Hesperia in San Bernardino County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Miller's Corner was created when State Highway 31-C bypassed downtown Hesperia. This corner received its name from an auto mechanic named Miller who in 1923 opened a garage here.
1930 saw a large national airport built immediately south of the garage where fledgling airline pilots flew for passenger service. Soon after WWII, all signs of prior activity were removed.
Erected 1996 by Hesperia Recreation and Park District. (Marker Number 10.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Air & Space • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers • War, World II.
Location. 34° 25.568′ N, 117° 23.031′ W. Marker is in Hesperia, California, in San Bernardino County. Marker can be reached from Main Street 0.1 miles west of Interstate 15, on the left when traveling west. Located next to the entrance to a shopping center parking lot. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 Main St, Hesperia CA 92345, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rolarís “66” Gas Station (approx. 1.4 miles away); Original Hesperia Beginnings (approx. 2.3 miles away); John Brown Road Crossing (approx. 4 miles away); Hesperia Hotel Granite Stones (approx. 4Ĺ miles away); Original Water Supply Ditch (approx. 4.7 miles away); Hesperia Hotel (approx. 4.7 miles away); Hesperia Train Station (approx. 4.7 miles away); Walters Store & House (approx. 4.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hesperia.
Regarding Millerís Corner. This was the last place to refuel before traveling down the Cajon Pass, and the first place after coming up the pass.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 14, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 8, 2021, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. This page has been viewed 44 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 8, 2021, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.