Dallas in Dallas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Constructed in 1909, this building was first occupied in 1910 by the Hobson Electric company. The warehouse was next leased to the Maroney Hardware Company, which was bought in 1926 by Rufus W. Higginbotham and Hyman Pearlstone, owners of the Higginbotham - Pearlstone Wholesale Hardware Company, which was located here until 1977. The four-story brick industrial building, featuring corbelled cornices, remains as a focal point of the city's historic west end.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1986
Erected 1986 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6735.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 32° 46.913′ N, 96° 48.422′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Texas, in Dallas County. Marker is on North Market Street north of Ross Avenue, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1701 N Market Street, Dallas TX 75202, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Central National Road (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Log Cabin Pioneers of Dallas CountyDallas County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Formerly The Texas School Book Depository Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dallas County Records Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Sanger Brothers Department Store (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Neely Bryan and Margaret Beeman Bryan (approx. 0.2 miles away); John F. Kennedy Memorial Plaza (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 10, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 9, 2021, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. This page has been viewed 63 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on February 9, 2021, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.