Near Anadarko in Caddo County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
Begun by U.S. Quaker Agents, 1871
Erected 1970 by Oklahoma Historical Society and State Highway Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Education • Native Americans. In addition, it is included in the Oklahoma Historical Society, and the Quakerism ⛪ series lists.
Location. 35° 5.8′ N, 98° 14.651′ W. Marker is near Anadarko, Oklahoma, in Caddo County. Marker is on U.S. 281 0.1 miles north of Wichita Lane, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 32107 US-281, Anadarko OK 73005, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Historic Anadarko (approx. 1.6 miles away); Pocahontas (approx. 1.9 miles away); Sequoyah (approx. 1.9 miles away); Stand Watie (approx. 1.9 miles away); Chief Joseph (approx. 1.9 miles away); Tecumseh (approx. 1.9 miles away); Pontiac (approx. 1.9 miles away); Jim Thorp (approx. 1.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Anadarko.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 12, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 11, 2021, by Jason Armstrong of Talihina, OKlahoma. This page has been viewed 43 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on February 11, 2021, by Jason Armstrong of Talihina, OKlahoma. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.