Kossuth in Auglaize County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Fort Amanda Monument
Erected by grateful people to the memory of the pioneer soldiers of Ohio and other states who fell in defense of their homes from Indian depredations, and in twhe War of 1812.
Erected by order of General William H. Harrison in October, 1812, and became an important depository of army stores during the war.
Topics and series. This historical marker monument is listed in these topic lists: Forts and Castles • War of 1812. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #09 William Henry Harrison series list.
Location. 40° 40.83′ N, 84° 16.073′ W. Marker is in Kossuth, Ohio, in Auglaize County. Marker is on Ohio Route 198 0.3 miles south of Deep Cut Road (Local Highway 230), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 22547 OH-198, Spencerville OH 45887, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Amanda (here, next to this marker); Sketch of a Soldier (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Fort Amanda (a few steps from this The Fort: Supply Depot (within shouting distance of this marker); The Fort: Construction (within shouting distance of this marker); Strategic Location (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Troops Stationed at Fort Amanda (about 600 feet away); a different marker also named Troops Stationed at Fort Amanda (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kossuth.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 18, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 17, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 49 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on February 17, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.