Napa in Napa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Lisbon Winery 1882
Dedicated April 9, 1978 by the Native Sons of the Golden West, Donald E. Madsen - Grand President
Erected 1978 by Native Sons of the Golden West.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list. A significant historical date for this entry is April 9, 1929.
Location. 38° 18.236′ N, 122° 17.417′ W. Marker is in Napa, California, in Napa County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Brown Street and Yount Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1720 Brown Street, Napa CA 94559, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Johnson-Doran Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Pfeiffer Building (approx. ¼ mile away); Napa - Birthplace of the Loudspeaker and the Magnavox Corp. Old Napa Register Building, 1905 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Winship Building 1888 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Semorile Building (approx. 0.4 miles away); Native Sons Hall (approx. 0.4 miles away); Napa's China Town / Shuck Chan (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Napa.
More about this marker. The marker can be found on the southern/courtyard/parking side of the building, just to the left of the middle door.
Regarding Lisbon Winery 1882. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
The building was rehabilitated by William and Leticia Jarvis in the mid-1990's, and now houses the Jarvis Conservatory, hosting various cultural events.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 19, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 5, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California. This page has been viewed 1,110 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 5, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.