Martinsburg in Berkeley County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Avenue of Flags Monument
Martinsburg has grown and prospered for two hundred years because of the hopes, prayers, and hard work of its citizenry. This plaque is dedicated this 21st day of October, 1978 to Martinsburg’s future generations in the belief that our forefathers’ high ideals will be carried forth in the approaching years of our city and nation.
Topics. This historical marker and monument is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical month for this entry is October 1895.
Location. 39° 27.367′ N, 77° 57.817′ W. Marker is in Martinsburg, West Virginia, in Berkeley County. Marker is at the intersection of Queen Street (U.S. 11) and King StreetTouch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Martinsburg WV 25401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Welcome to the City of Martinsburg (a few steps from this marker); Boarman House (within shouting distance of this marker); Civil War Martinsburg (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Joseph's Catholic Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Methodist Church (about 500 feet away); Girlhood Home of Belle Boyd (about 500 feet away); Market House (about 500 feet away); Harry Flood Byrd (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Martinsburg.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 27, 2021. It was originally submitted on August 4, 2007, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,997 times since then and 34 times this year. Last updated on February 26, 2021, by Carl Gordon Moore Jr. of North East, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 4, 2007, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.