Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
La Vernia in Wilson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

La Vernia United Methodist Church

Bell History

 
 
La Vernia United Methodist Church Bell History Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By James Hulse, February 21, 2021
1. La Vernia United Methodist Church Bell History Marker
Inscription.  

Post Oak Zion Evangelical Church organized 1885. In 1886 it's bell was dedicated. A storm destroyed the chapel in 1929. It was rebuilt in 1940. In 1946 the Evangelicals and United Brethren in Christ merged into the Evangelical United Brethren Church. It then became the United Methodists in 1968. In June 1969 the Post Oak Church property was sold. In 1970 the La Vernia and Post Oak Churches merged. The bell was donated by the Albert & Bertha Brietzke estate in July 1999.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical month for this entry is June 1969.
 
Location. 29° 21.157′ N, 98° 7.182′ W. Marker is in La Vernia, Texas, in Wilson County. Marker is at the intersection of Bluebonnet Drive (Farm to Market Road 775) and D L Vest, on the left when traveling west on Bluebonnet Drive. The marker and Bell are located between the La Vernia United Methodist Church and the old Chapel. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 210 Bluebonnet Drive, La Vernia TX 78121, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named La Vernia United Methodist Church (a few steps from this marker);
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Brahan Lodge No. 226, A.F. & A.M. (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Deaf Smith Oak Tree - the Next Generation (approx. 0.3 miles away); Rector Chapel Bell (approx. 0.3 miles away); Suttles Pottery (approx. 0.3 miles away); La Vernia (approx. 0.4 miles away); Old Chihuahua Road (approx. 0.4 miles away); Applewhite Homestead (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in La Vernia.
 
La Vernia United Methodist Church Bell and History Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By James Hulse, February 21, 2021
2. La Vernia United Methodist Church Bell and History Marker
The view of the La Vernia United Methodist Church and Bell from the parking lot image. Click for full size.
Photographed By James Hulse, February 21, 2021
3. The view of the La Vernia United Methodist Church and Bell from the parking lot
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on March 2, 2021. It was originally submitted on March 2, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 157 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on March 2, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=167840

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 23, 2024