Old Mission in Grand Traverse County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Old Mission House
Built in 1842, the first frame house in the Grand Traverse region.
Erected 1927 by M.H. Dougherty and Anna Dougherty Howard, Aided by Job Winslow Chapter D.A.R.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1842.
Location. 44° 57.419′ N, 85° 29.418′ W. Marker is in Old Mission, Michigan, in Grand Traverse County. Marker is on Mission Road south of Dougherty Lane, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 18459 Mission Rd, Old Mission MI 49673, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dougherty Mission House / Rushmore House and Inn (here, next to this marker); The Old Mission Church (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hesler Log House (approx. 2.4 miles away); The Hessler Log Home A Light at Old Mission (approx. 2.4 miles away); Site of Lighthouse Privy (approx. 2.4 miles away); Oil House (approx. 2.4 miles away); Because of the Water... (approx. 5.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Old Mission.
Additional keywords. DAR
Credits. This page was last revised on March 10, 2021. It was originally submitted on March 8, 2021, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 102 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 8, 2021, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.