Beasley in Fort Bend County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Hope Lutheran Church
In the 1910s, the Rev. C. Merkel, pastor of an Evangelical Lutheran church in Needville, came to Beasley and invited local Lutherans to services held in the Beasley School building. Many attended, and they later petitioned the Rev. Apfelbach to minister the new congregation. Meeting at the Modena Schoolhouse, charter members organized in February 1918, calling the church Die Ev. Lutherische Hoffnungs Gemeinde. The church initially met twice monthly, with services in German and English. In 1924, members dedicated their first sanctuary. The congregation grew, later adding a parish house and hall. Through its programs, worship and outreach, the church continues to serve its community.
Erected 2003 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12972.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical month for this entry is February 1918.
Location. 29° 29.999′ N, 95° 55.145′ W. Marker is in Beasley, Texas, in Fort Bend County. Marker is at the intersection of Avenue C and North 3rd Street, on the left Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7302 Avenue C, Beasley TX 77417, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Beasley (approx. 0.2 miles away); Kendleton (approx. 6.1 miles away); a different marker also named Kendleton (approx. 6.1 miles away); Terry v. Adams (approx. 6.2 miles away); Powell Point School (approx. 6.3 miles away); Macario García (approx. 6.4 miles away); Rosenberg (approx. 7½ miles away); Rosenberg City Hall Gazebo Plaza (approx. 7.6 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on March 13, 2021. It was originally submitted on March 13, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas. This page has been viewed 110 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 13, 2021, by James Hulse of Medina, Texas.